The "Mock 10" Signs of Blog Addiction
At Bloggers Anonymous—we normally frown upon spreading propaganda that minimizes the serious nature of our cause. However, in the name of education and awareness, we would like to point to the this juvenile “Top 10” list of “symptoms” which indicate you may be a addicted to blogging. We will not reveal the authors as to not credit them in any way. Please be aware that this ignorance is out there—and defeating the spirit of our cause.
10. You check your blog stats a LOT. You occasionally get up in the middle of the night and sneak a peak.
9. Your significant other suspects you are having an affair with your blog. Even when you’re alone with your special person, you do find yourself thinking what your blog might be doing right then…
8. You “mental blog” while driving or on the train, and sometimes even when you are alone in the shower.
7. You filter everything through your post-writing. You can’t watch a movie, see a play, read an article, or share a sweet moment with your child without thinking of whether it’s blog-worthy.
6. You suffer from “blog envy” when another blogger posts something juicy before you do. You suffer “comment envy” when said post gets 40-something comments – the jerk!
5. You “binge blog” 3 or 4 posts at once—only to feel guilty and empty afterward.
3. You think, “I can stop at any time.”
2. Your lunch hour has become your “blog hour.” You keep a few posts tucked in your desk in case you need them during the day.
1. After 5 minutes of meeting someone really interesting you ask, “So - do you blog?”
It's time for another group hug. After the battering some of us copped about blogging at The Melbourne Food and wine Festival's Out of the Frying Pan, we could all do with another catch up and reaffirmation of why it's good to blog. In particular why it's good to write about food and wine.
Food Bloggers naturally are a passionate and boisterous bunch of Bon Viveurs. We know how to enjoy life to the fullest and we are not PC or shameful of it. Our last gathering began with butterflies to the stomach of most, but resulted in the building of bonds between like minded people. In a world where we increasingly find ourselves in a society lacking community spirit, our blogging bond has built the bridge to a new community of like minded people.
So Melbourne food and wine bloggers, regular readers/commenters, partners and friends, come on down to the next Bloggers Banquet on April 5 at Chez Fur de Mer, in Dromana under the auspices of the delectable Purple Goddess & the explosive Furry.
It's BYO everything as per the last event. A woodfired oven is again available to cook dishes to be shared. My last effort was Porcini Risotto with Roasted Garfield Barramundi and tomatoes. I'm leaning towards a goat tagine this time - or there's an outside chance of paella.
More information is at PG's Blog, please let her know if you have half an inclination to show up so she can give you the address or you can email me here via my profile.
Feel free to use the comments section here for an exchange on car pooling for the event - there's some talk going on at Cindy & Michael's Blog too.
Photo's from the last gig are on Flickr and you'll find some of the last round's post prandial posts on Google. There's also an event listing on facebook for those who roam around that piece of the Web 2.0 world - you can even match faces to blogs there.